Last week was a very busy week. And my work made me feel a bit exhausted. During the workweek, while busy doing my task, I was also busy thinking of the best thing to do in celebrating my father's birthday on July 6. I've been longing to have a big celebration for him but it costs much and a tiresome one. You know, preparing everything for the actual day and entertaining the guests. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to come up with the best alternative celebration. I made a communication with my sister in Cebu to know if there's an ideal celebration coming from her but there was none either. So me and my siblings decided to go on with the usual thing as we had celebrated the father's day and we've been thinking also to just have a family dinner at the restaurant after attending the mass. It was kinda weird of my eldest sister to only show a little interest for this occasion. Well maybe she was just busy with her work or something. But I still can't understand and I wonder why.

It was thursday then when my father mentioned to me about us going to have a grocery on saturday and we did exactly as he planned. We were about to head to the counter with my little sister while my father was looking something somewhere round the grocery when she heard a phone call coming from her purse and found out that it was from unregistered number but she missed to answer it. I immediately checked my cellphone in to know if it is registered in it. And it indeed is and it was my eldest sister's boyfriend from cebu. He was forced to dial our number when he failed to contact my sister for whatever reason. We had a short conversation when he called us up again asking where my sister was and I was like "What?! Isn't my sister with you? Is she in davao?" And he replied "Didn't she tell you that she's coming to davao?" trying to sound nonchalant. Ok, I get it. It was supposed to be a surprise. But yes, we were surprised. Luckily, my father wasn't there to here the conversation we just had. It was a sort of a perfect timing when the phone call ended before my father saw me coming towards him. Because I was about to look for him when I received the call. Me and my sister act as though we hadn't received a call from anyone.

Me and my father went home ahead of my little sister coz she wanted to go to an internet cafe. When we arrive at home, I was no longer surprised seeing my sister standing in front of me. But my father was. As he climbed up the house, it was my eldest sister whom he has seen first before anyone else which really taken him by surprise. And he can't help himself from smiling while looking at my sister disbelievingly.

On sunday, my eldest brother who usually attends at the last mass made it early last sunday to give himself enough time to prepare in the afternoon for our dinner for the celebration. While me and my sisters heard the mass at four in the afternoon with our father. At the evening, I text my mother to ask how she was doing and reminded her also that it was my father's birthday and we talked about it. Later on, we set the food on the dining table together with my siblings happily and we were talking and laughing while doing so. As always! It took quite a while after the dinner when my mother called and she speak to each of us including my brother's girlfriend whom we considered already as part of our family. And drinking of wine will always be the last part of the celebration.

It was a very simple yet very special birthday celebration.

I slept at 1am already which caused me sleepy at work yesterday. As me and my other two sisters had to leave the house for work and school, we said goodbye to our eldest sister coz she has to fly back to cebu also.

7 Comments:

  1. -mOlit- said...
    weeehh.. hapy boitday kay tatay...mingaw naku adto inyo ug mo kaun... ang hipon, hmmm lechon manok ug ice cream...hahah... baga ko nawong...;))... mmwwwhhh...
    Chai said...
    weeeee!! hehe. bitaw dugay namo wala adto sa balay.kamo ni joy og hazel.miss you na.gimik ta!! if dili na busy c hazel. but its like waiting for her forever. busy kaayo sya...thank you pud diay sa humba ha?!haha
    Jean said...
    wahahaha sakspan.. gimikera pud diay ka te?? awsus... hehhee

    btw,, happy bday ke tatay te... ipaabot akong gritingz ha.. bantay lng ka.. hmmp!

    amping!
    Chai said...
    Dili ko gimikira oi.hehe. panagsa lang ko laag nooooooo....once in a blue moon lang.bleeeeeeeeeeehh!! kaw man gud dili nagalaag sa weekend.hahaha
    -mOlit- said...
    chaiiiii........ unta mak gimik ta!... pertih pud neh si hazel lou ka busy oi.. pagka nalang!...;))... soon na unta oi...hahaa.. hi jean, dli na gimikera si chai oi...panagsa lang! haha.. mmwwhhhhh... luv yah chai
    Marie Joy A. said...
    wow!! belated happy birthday kay tatay!!!!Ü ingna siya ha ng regards ko basin ka limot na to sKoa.. :(
    Chai said...
    @ joy...

    hehehe sure ba. iregards taka kay tatay. wala pa to nakalimot sa imo oi.hehe.

    salamat sa comment ha. ayo2x

Post a Comment