It rained yesterday so my wednesday routine was ruined. It's gonna be like moving it today. I did my task well and was able to meet the deadline I made up for myself. I normally step out of the office at 5 o'clock in the afternoon in order to arrive at my destination on time. But before the time hit, I could hear sound of raindrops so I peered outside the window to see if it really was raining. And there was rain, indeed. In that case, all the plans for the rest of the afternoon were canceled. Hopefully, it will be a sunny day today so I can do what could have been done yesterday.

Talking about wednesday, it reminds me of the sermon during the mass, if I'm not mistaken it was the other wednesday. I can't remember the exact words spoken by the priest but the message he was trying to convey from the homily is still fresh in my mind. It was about selective listening. The priest had explained the homily very well.

Let me share to you the gist of his explanation.

He says that selective listening often resulted to blaming. Why? Because people only listen to things they want to hear. Each of us has different personalities, different principles, and different perspective that made us unique. But we are too preoccupied with our own beliefs that we tend to refuse to listen to other people's opinion and situation. It is very important of us to be submissive upon dealing and conversing with other people. We must not just hear the words they speak but we must listen to it. Because if we listen, we also understand. Thus, if we understand, we don't blame.

That wednesday was like a learning experience for me. It hadn't slipped out of my mind that easily and unconsciously applying it to myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment